Wednesday, 04 May 2011

Second day - 5th leg - Stilbaai and Skulpiesbaai

This continues the series of my Motorcycle Adventure travels from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth which is the first goal, over a two day period. Details of the whole trip here.


I got back onto the tar as I came into the Stilbaai area but also got back close to the sea again. I saw a road that lead down to the Skulpiesbaai with a view over the bay, so I immediately went down there for a better view of the bay. Skulpiesbaai means Little Shells Bay.

There is a development here which looks like a fantastic place to live

View over Skulpiesbaai with Stilbaai in the background

Zoomed in on Skulpiesbaai

Old trusty steed still going strong and a pleasure to ride - even with too much luggage

Just to prove it was me here
I then drove into the main part of what is now quite a grown up little town compared to what it was when I was last here back in the mid 80's. I took a few pictures of all the "activity" along the river side. (one boat going fishing and a little old man on his mobility going for a "jog"!)



I watched these chaps fiddling about on their boat

Looking upstream

I sat and checked my Sat Nav and realised that out of the full 552km (direct route) I had done 210km in a very jaggered fashion and I still had 452km to go, mostly all on tar and on busier main roads. I then decided to make the most direct and shortest drive towards the main N2 route, instead of some more back roads I'd initially planned.

More tours on our list of tour route summaries are available, where we explore these sorts of motorcycle adventure tour routes. Just choose one of our events and reserve yourself a place on one of the future motorcycle adventure safari events. 

Check out our Facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/Africa4Adventure.MotorbikeTours
Check out our Blog site: http://africa4adventure-motorbiketours.blogspot.com/
Check out the main website: http://www.africa4adventure.com

No comments:

Post a Comment